Need a quick and easy dinner that doesn’t destroy your entire kitchen? Look no further than this Meaty Instant Pot Spaghetti. It’s a filling meal that takes about 20 minutes total to prepare with only 10 minutes needing your actual attention.
This is an absolute favorite dish that my husband has deemed good enough for comfort food status.
An Experiment That Turned Into A Family Favorite
When I first got and started cooking with an Instant Pot I was excited to try pretty much anything. After several times of getting Instant Pot Mac and Cheese done right I decided to experiment and give Instant Pot Spaghetti a try.
I eyeballed everything and the first time out it was absolutely perfect. My family fell in love with this dish and it became a regular on our menu. The noodles were cooked perfectly and the flavor was better than the traditional on the stove version.
Why Spaghetti In The Instant Pot
It’s easy enough to cook spaghetti on the stove, right? So why would I do it in the Instant Pot? Because I can. Also, I had a thought about tiny home living and was wondering if the Instant Pot could replace traditional cooking all together.
The answer is no, but it was a close one. There are just some things that you need to bake or cook on the stove top. However, I do believe it saves you on actual cooking time over any other option and keeps your dishes to a minimum. That’s a win.
The Instant Pot has become our go to item when whipping up some comfort food. Comfort foods just taste better when cooked in an instant pot because you aren’t spending time slaving over a hot stove.
This Meaty and Cheesy Instant Pot Spaghetti recipe is a wonderful comforting dish to serve up. We serve a family of 3 and have at least 2 or 3 additional meals with the leftovers.
Additionally, you can easily customize this recipe per your tastes too. Add onions or fresh garlic to the saute or remove the meat and make it vegetarian. Whatever your preference is this is a fantastic easy dinner.
Meaty Instant Pot Spaghetti
- 1lbs Ground Beef
- 1 24oz Jar Spaghetti Sauce
- 1 16oz Box of Thin Spaghetti
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Italian Seasoning
- 1 cup (or more) shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Set the instant pot to saute and brown the ground meat. Add desired amount of garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Once the meat is browned add entire jar of sauce to the instant pot and give it a quick stir, save this jar.
- Break the spaghetti in half and place it in a criss cross fashion over the meat and sauce. This will help the spaghetti to absorb the water better and not leave you with clumps of uncooked spaghetti.
- Fill the jar with water and pour it into the instant pot. I usually do about 1 ½ jars of water. The water should cover the top layer of spaghetti noodles.
- Place lid and close the valve. Manual pressure for 5 minutes. Quick release the steam when finished.
- Stir the spaghetti so that the layer of water absorbs in mostly. If there is a bit extra don’t worry.
- Add the Mozzarella cheese and stir until melted and well combined. This should take care of any extra water you may have had.
- Serve and Enjoy.
Instant Pot Spaghetti with Meat Sauce
My family loves this dinner and I love how quick and easy it is for me to make. The leftovers make a fantastic lunch time option too.
Try out the recipe and let me know what you thought of it in the comments below. Follow me on Pinterest for more like this and pin this to your Instant Pot and Dinner Recipe boards.
- Easy Instant Pot Pepper Chili
- 22 Delicious Instant Pot Recipes
- Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
- 30 Quick and Easy Weeknight Dinners