These days we are all feeling a bit busier than usual, probably because we are doing a bit more at home. When people are in the house all day the house gets messy faster, we have more dishes to do, and we are eating every single meal at home.
The need for quick and easy dinners is rising and I’ve got just the type of meals you need.
In this post I’m covering five ingredient meals that make for delicious dinners that won’t break the budget or take a lot of time to prep and make.
Before I jump into the 5 Ingredient Meals I want to let you know about this amazing app I use to help plan out my meals. It’s called eMeals and for about $5 a month it helps me to plan out quick and easy meals, prepare my grocery list, and will even schedule a curbside pick up or delivery of my groceries.
Why 5 Ingredients
Typically meals with just 5 ingredients are delicious while still being budget friendly. 3 ingredient meals are hard to find and not always healthy or delicious, but add those two extra ingredients and it changes the game a bit.
I asked some of my fellow bloggers for their best 5 ingredient meal recipes because I know you are in search of quick and easy meals to make. I was really surprised at the amount of these meals where the ingredients aren’t hard to find either.
How Just 5 Ingredients Makes A Quick Meal Option
With just five ingredients you are going to spend less time doing meal prep and just get right into cooking delicious meals for your family.
A lot of the ones I feature here are slow cooker meals too. I love how easy slow cooker meals are because it’s just dump and go. Dinner takes no time to make and you don’t have extra dishes to use. Plus, in the summer, the slow cooker is a great way to not heat up your entire kitchen.
With less ingredients there is less prep time which means you are either dumping the ingredients into an oven safe dish or skillet and cooking. Quick and easy dinners are a must have for busy parents.
5 Ingredient Meals
I’ve split the meals into sections focusing on the main part of the meal.
I did not include water, salt, or pepper as an ingredient in any of these meals since we all typically have these ingredients on hand. I also included a few recipes that have optional ingredients as extras.
5 Ingredient Recipes Featuring Chicken
Below are all the different five ingredient meals that include chicken as the main ingredient.
- Keto Pizza Casserole – Joy Filled Eats
- Air Fry Fish Sauce Chicken Wings – Simplify Create Inspire
- Baked Bacon Wrapped Chicken Tenders – Wholesome Yum
- Pecan Chicken – Family Around The Table
- Hassleback Chicken Cordon Bleu – Family Around The Table
- Keto Curry Chicken Wings – Any Reason Life
- Chicken Meatballs With Sun Dried Tomatoes and Basil – Feasible Feast
- Quick and Easy Ranch Chicken Poppers – Feasible Feast
- Stuffed Chicken Breast with Prosciutto and Cream Cheese – 24 Bite
- Easy Cheesy Pizza Pasta Bake – Two Healthy Kitchens
- One Pan Chicken Zoodles – Fresh Simple Home
- Grilled Chicken Tenders – Little Sunny Kitchen
- Pico De Gallo Cauliflower Rice Stuffed Baked Chicken – All She Cooks
- Easy Breaded Chicken Tenders – Urban Bliss Life
- Instant Pot Shredded Chicken Mexican Style – Lemon Blossoms
- Mississippi Chicken – Sula and Spice
- Chicken or Turkey In Pastry – Sula and Spice
- 123 Chicken In The Instant Pot – Chicken Scratch NY
- Maple Chicken and Potatoes Skillet – Chicken Scratch NY
- 4 Ingredient Crock Pot Mexican Chicken – Skinny Comfort
5 Ingredient Meals Featuring Pork
Below are five ingredient meals that include pork as the main ingredient.
- Stuffed Butternut Squash – Homebody Eats
- Slow Cooker Pulled Pork With Coke – Simplify Create Inspire
- Boiled Ham Recipe With Baked Honey Mustard Glaze – Recipes For Men
- Roasted Garlic Texas Toast Pizza – Home Musings
- Oven Baked Meatball Sandwiches – Home Cooking Memories
- Roasted Sheet Pan Brussels Sprouts With Bacon and Balsamic – Where’d My Sanity Go
- Spaghetti Carbonara – Jack Slobodian
- Crock-Pot BBQ Root Beer Pulled Pork – 4 The Love Of Food Blog
- Grilled Curry Pork Chops – Scrappy Geek
- Italian Sausage and Tortellini Skillet – Intelligent Domestications
- Pork With Creamy Mushroom Salsa Sauce – Food Meanderings
5 Ingredient Meals Featuring Beef
Below are five ingredient meals that include beef as the main ingredient.
- Grilled Flank Steak with Chili Butter – All Ways Delicious
- Homemade Sloppy Joes – Eating On A Dime
- Slimming World Keema Curry In Slow Cooker – Recipe This
- BBQ Smoked Sausage and Couscous – Protecting Your Pennies
- Air Fryer Taquitos – Emily Fabulous
5 Ingredient Meals Featuring Fish
Below are five ingredient meals that include fish or shellfish.
- Coconut Rum Grilled Shrimp – Home Cooking Memories
- Sweet Chili Salmon – Salt and lavender
- Instant Pot Salmon Broccoli and Potatoes – Recipe This
- Shrimp with Asparagus Sheet Pan Dinner – Tasty Galaxy
- Low Carb Sushi Rolls – Wholesum Yum
- Cedar Plank Salmon Pesto Zoodles – Scrappy Geek
- Instant Pot Salmon With Dill – Carrie Cooks
- Roasted Salmon with Wilted Brussels Sprouts Salad – Cook At Home Mom
- Crispy Coconut Pan Fried Salmon – Raias Recipes
- Easy and Quick Southern Salmon Patties – Savory With Soul
- 5 Ingredient Miso Salmon – Living Lou
5 Ingredient Vegetarian/Vegan Recipes
Below are five ingredient meals that are Vegetarian or Vegan.
- Authentic Cacio e Pepe – Urban Farmie
- Pasta With Peas – Veggie Desserts
- Raw Zucchini Carpaccio with Shaved Manchego – Eating Works
- Creamy Pesto Pasta – A Seasoned Greeting
- Gnocchi In Basil Pesto – Piping Pot Curry
- Stuffed Honey Butter Breakfast Biscuits – Home Musings
- Twice Baked Spaghetti Squash Recipe – Home Cooking Memories
- Flatbread Pizza – A Mummy Too
- Zucchini Slice – Keto Basic AF
- Vegan Clam Chowder – Wow It’s Veggie
- Vegan Miso Soup – Vegan Huggs
- Easy Baked Cabbage – Cooktoria
- Garlic Roasted Cabbage – Cooktoria
- Lebanese Rice – Little Sunny Kitchen
- Food Processor Guacamole – Recipes For Men
- Hummus Pasta – Always Use Butter
Quick and Easy 5 Ingredient Meals
I like how quick and easy 5 ingredient meals are. Anything that has a low amount of prep work is a winner in my book. I like to dump and bake, or dump and cook, my meals because I don’t want to spend loads of time in the kitchen.
Which meal are you excited to try first? Let me know in the comments below. Follow me on Pinterest for more like this and pin this to your favorite recipe boards.
- 30 Quick and Easy Weeknight Dinners To Try
- Italian Sausage Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
- 40+ Chicken Sheet Pan Recipes
- Super Easy Cast Iron Sweet Potato Hash