If you are looking for an easy, delicious, and fun dinner that can be customized to each of your family’s tastes, look no further than these Oven Baked Tacos. These tacos are plain meat and cheese which leaves room for your family to add tomatoes, salsa, lettuce, beans, or anything that they want.
I personally prefer these tacos with my Easy Chunky Guacamole. It tastes absolutely amazing and is filling.
This dinner will absolutely feed 3-4 people and I use a 9×13 pan to hold my tacos when baking. If you have a big family you might want to double the recipe. This is great for an easy weeknight dinner that is fun, customizable, and delicious for the entire family.
While I provide amounts for the seasoning you can adjust as you see fit or even use a taco seasoning packet instead. I prefer to make up my own taco seasoning as I’m cooking than use the packets you buy in the store.
I keep all these spices on hand and available. However, I know not all homes keep cumin – the main ingredient in taco seasoning – on hand. So if you need to use a packet that’s ok too.
I have not included any of the sides that you may want to have available for your family to top these tacos with. When I was a kid the meat and cheese was all I would have wanted. However, feel free to include some of the ingredients in the list below.
- Shredded Lettuce
- Chunky Guacamole
- Diced Green Chili Peppers
- Refried Beans
- Sour Cream
We don’t make this super often but we are always pleased with the meal after we make it. If you have kids that love tacos it’s easy enough that you can add it to a monthly rotation of meals.
Oven Baked Tacos
As with any of my recipes feel free to adjust seasoning to your tastes. Like I always say, I season from the heart and I recommend you do too.
- 1 lbs ground beef
- 2 tbs cumin
- 2 tsp garlic
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 1 package stand up hard shells
- 4 cheese Mexican blend shredded cheese
- Preheat your oven to 375F.
- Start by browning ground beef with your seasonings. As usual, all seasoning amounts are estimates, I typically just eyeball my seasoning so use as much as you like.
- Place your taco shells in a 9×13 glass baking dish and sprinkle cheese into the bottom of the shells.
- Once your meat is cooked, add even amounts in each shell. Top with additional cheese and bake for 10-15 minutes until cheese is melted and shell edges start to show some browning.
- Top with sides of choice and serve.
Easy Oven Baked Tacos
If you wanted to you could add refried beans to the bottoms of the taco shells before baking them in the oven. I’m not so much a bean fan so I just heat them and serve them on the side for my husband.
My Easy Chunky Guacamole recipe is here and is a fantastic addition to these tacos. Your family is going to love building these tacos to their tastes so have fun with it.
If you’ve tried this recipe and made changes let me know in the comments below. Follow us on Pinterest for more like this and pin this to your favorite Dinner boards.