We finally caved and purchased an air fryer. When I first got the Instant Pot I went to all my favorite bloggers to find the best recipes to try out while I learned the machine. I’m doing the same thing with my new Air Fryer, this means I have loads of air fryer recipes for beginners to share.
I am going to all my favorite tried and true bloggers who have never failed me with amazing recipes. I’m getting everything from main courses to sweets to try out in the air fryer and I’m positive I’ll come out of it with a few favorites.
However, instead of creating this list and keeping it all to myself I am putting the list together here to share with you too. First, let’s discuss air fryers.
Which Air Fryer Should You Get?
While I personally went with the PowerXL 3 qt air fryer there are plenty of great Air Fryers to choose from. Let’s instead discuss the different options you will be looking for in your air fryer.
First thing you’ll likely look at is the size of the air fryer. A 3 qt will likely work well for up to 4 servings. So if you have a large family or do a lot of entertaining, a larger basket will be needed.
You’ll want to check for certain features too. You’ll likely want to make sure that the machine can heat up to at least 400F. Meats like chicken need to be cooked at that high of a temperature to make sure they are cooked thoroughly.
You may also want features like a cool touch, auto shut off, and a timer. These will keep little hands and you safe.
For me the final thing I look for in any machine I get is how easy it is to clean. A large Instant Pot needs to be cleaned in the sink and the same goes for a crock pot. For this machine though I wanted to make sure that the parts would easily fit in the dishwasher.
Tips For Using Your Air Fryer
Using an oil sprayer like this is better than using an aerosol oil spray in your air fryer. Many people have reported a problem with aerosol sprays chipping away at the inside of the air fryer.
To make cleaning up easier you can use foil inside the basket. Furthermore, make sure you grease the inside of your basket to help avoid sticking.
Unlike with a pressure cooker you can pull out the basket and shake up food to make sure they cook evenly. Or for bigger pieces you could use tongs to flip the food over in the middle of cooking.
Read the manual to make sure what works best with your air fryer and how to operate it. Most air fryers need to be preheated before adding food so you’ll want to make sure that you know how to work your air fryer.
Air Fryer Recipes For Beginners
Below are over 40 air fryer recipes for beginners for you to try from some of my favorite recipe bloggers. I’ve split them up between main dishes, vegetables, appetizers, and even some sweets.
- Air Fryer Fish & Chips
- Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan
- Crispy Air Fryer Tofu Nuggets Ginger Soy Marinade
- Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Shrimp Recipe
- 30 Minutes Tender Air Fryer BBQ Ribs
- Air Fryer Chicken Chimichangas
- Pastrami Reuben Egg Rolls
- Air Fryer Salmon
- Easy Air Fryer Parmesan Crusted Chicken
- Air Fryer Chicken Fajitas
- Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
- Air Fryer Cheesy Beef Pastelillo
- Air Fryer Popcorn Chicken
- Easy Air Fryer Pork Chops
- Air Fryer Falafel
- Air Fryer Roast Beef
- Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Chicken
- Air-Fried Chicken Stuffed Tortillas with Peppers and Corn
- Air Fried Steak and Asparagus Bundles
- Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Pork Schnitzel
- Air Fryer Chicken Cordon Bleu
- Easy 20-Minute Air Fryer Roasted Potatoes
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
- Air Fryer Avocado Fries
- Air Fryer Eggplant
- Crispy Air Fryer Onion Rings Recipe
- Easy Air Fryer Mozzarella Sticks
- Crispy Air Fryer Blooming Onion
- Next Crispy Air Fryer Chickpeas
- Texas Toast Garlic Bread Pizza
- How To Make Homemade Air Fryer Biscuits
- Easy Air Fryer Crab Rangoon Recipes
- Air Fryer Ravioli
- Air Fryer Garlic Cheddar Drop Biscuits
- Air Fryer Apple Hand Pies
- Easy Air Fryer Churros
- Air Fryer New Orleans Beignets
- Air Fryer Donuts
- How To Make Air Fryer Copycat Starbucks Cheese Danish
- Air Fryer Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
Excited To Try Recipes
Right now I am mostly excited to try the different sweet recipes in my new air fryer. Especially the donuts. There are so many great recipes to try though that I’m pretty sure my air fryer is going to be put to the test.
What is your go to air fryer recipe? Let us know in the comments below. Follow us on Pinterest for more like this and pin this to your favorite recipe boards.