If you are looking for a low-maintenance dish to serve up to your family this week, look no further than this Instant Pot Pepper Chili. This chili is thick and jam packed with flavor. It’s the type of chili that just warms your bones on a cold winter day.
I decided one day to make this chili to experiment with the Instant Pot a bit. I was surprised that it turned out so delicious on the first try. I usually need to mess with a recipe a couple of times before I perfect it. This one didn’t need that.
As we are getting a little bit of a cold front coming through this week I am planning to make it again. Feel free to edit it in anyway you want. Like most chili’s you can add most any spices you want to it.
If you like a little bit of spice go ahead and seed and chop a jalapeno pepper and add it, or just add some red pepper flakes for some kick.
While I have recommended spice amounts, these are minimum amounts. I normally just eyeball all of my spices when I cook. You may want more or less depending on your tastes.
Related Post: The Easiest Turkey Bacon Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Instant Pot Pepper Chili
- 1 lbs Ground Beef
- 1 Red Bell Pepper diced
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper diced
- 1 Orange Bell Pepper diced
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 2 Beef Bouillon Cubes
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Can Red Beans in Chili Sauce
- 1 Can Black Beans rinsed
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- ½ Sweet Onion diced
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- Saute Meat in Instant Pot till cooked. Add peppers, onion, tomatoes, garlic, spices, beans, cubes and water.
- Close lid and valve. Press Chili/Beans function and let cook.
- Do a natural release for 10 minutes then release valve and stir. Taste and season more if necessary. Serve with cheese, sour cream, or crackers.
That’s it. I was surprised that it was so easy to make this pepper chili with an Instant Pot. Plus outside of the Instant Pot pan all I had to clean up was a cutting board, knife, bowls and spoons. This chilli really is low maintenance.
Related Post: Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
Have you tried chili in your Instant Pot yet? Let me know in the comments below. Follow me on Pinterest for more like this and pin this to your Dinner and Instant Pot Recipe boards.
- Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup In 45 Minutes
- 22 Delicious Instant Pot Dinners
- 21 Best Soup Recipes For Dinner
- Instant Pot Spaghetti With Meat Sauce